Desmond Anderson Primary Academy is a dynamic, happy and welcoming academy at the heart of its local community.
We pride ourselves on an engaging curriculum that every child can benefit from, a genuine love of learning and a close community approach to working with our parents and carers.
At Desmond Anderson, we cater for Reception to Year 6 children and we are lucky to have a Special Support Centre and a Nursery on site.
If you do not find all the answers to your questions on our website, then simply give us a call or arrange a visit and we would be proud to tell you more!
Mrs Managey Powys
We are part of a family of academies
We are proud to be part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust, a distinguished organisation dedicated to nurturing and supporting infant, primary, and secondary academies throughout Sussex.
As a family of academies, we collectively pursue common goals and ambitions guided by our shared mission, vision, and values.
Our association with the University of Brighton lends invaluable enrichment to the Trust. Drawing upon their esteemed sponsorship and extensive experience in working with schools, we strive to create an environment where our pupils are not only inspired to excel but also cultivate a lifelong passion for learning.
The benefits of being an academy include:
- Access to expert advice and support from our lead sponsor, the University of Brighton, to further develop our teaching
- Support and expertise from a dedicated professional services team, who help all our academies grow and develop every year
- Curriculum freedoms; as an academy we can develop learning that really excites children
- The continuation of our distinctive and inclusive ethos
- The resources we need to move our good school to outstanding.