- Self-registration, play and exploration.
- Sharing news, counting activities and letter/sound activities.
- Exploration - Your children are free to explore the nursery, both inside and out, engage with the resources provided and access adult led activities that reflect your children’s current interests, with sensitive staff support.
- Adult led activities- Your child will join with an adult to develop and master a skill, such as catching a ball, hopping, turn taking or independence.
- Self-service snack time - There is always fresh milk and fruit available or other healthy snacks. The children have the opportunity to practice their skills and independence, and exercise their choice by self-selecting their snack from a variety of items on offer. (Water is available throughout the day.)
- Carpet time - All the children gather together and take part in singing, games, and stories. We reflect and talk about their day/session.
- Lunch time (Included in a 4 or 7 hour session) - Those children staying for an extended session sit together to have their lunch. Supported by staff, these children have the opportunity to adapt to a different routine from that of a three hour session.
- Throughout the day, children are supported by staff to be independent by developing their self-care and hygiene needs. This includes putting on their jumper or coat, changing footwear, hand-washing before eating and after using the toilet, and learning how and when to use a tissue.
- At the end of sessions, children are encouraged help tidy up by sorting the toys into their boxes. This is the first step towards them understanding the need to look after their environment.